Eutility respects your privacy
Eutility does not give your personal information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so
What is this policy about?
This policy explains the key measures we have taken to implement the requirements of the Privacy Act 1998 (and the Telecommunications Act 1997 if telecommunications services are provided to you) which implements the National Privacy Principles. It aims to answer the questions you might have about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you have any further questions about Eutility's privacy practices, please contact Eutility customer care.
What information have you collected about me?
We hold information that you have provided to us about yourself or your company, and information about your use of our services such as energy, telecommunications and freight data. Information that you might have provided to us includes:
- information provided in applying for goods or services such as a mobile phone, data or voice service - for example, your contact details, driver's license number, photo identification, general demographic information and financial information;
- information generated by your use of our services - for example, your energy usage or telecommunications calling patterns and details of any contact you have with Eutility such as through our customer care staff or analysts; and
- information provided as part of your use of the Eutility web site such as your email address.
What do you do with this information?
We collect information about you to provide you with a particular product or service. We may also use personal information for related purposes such as:
- maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
- helping us to identify and inform you about other products or services that are likely to be useful for you;
- approving an application for Eutility of a recommended supplier
- internal accounting and administration, including sharing information with our related bodies corporate for reporting purposes;
- providing your contact details to recommended suppliers (after your written consent to do so) and for other approved purposes;
- protecting you and Eutility from error and fraud;
- preventing a serious credit infringement;
- improving the website; and
- developing a better understanding of our customers' needs.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we cannot provide you with these services.
Are there any other times when you use my information for any other purpose or give this information to someone else?
Other than disclosure to service providers (explained below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to various Government departments or to courts), our policy is that we do not give your personal information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your personal information with service providers and other third parties to help us run aspects of our business efficiently. Occasionally Eutility might also use your personal information for other purposes or share your information with another organisation because:
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- we believe it necessary to implement our terms of service;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Eutility customer, any member of the public or Eutility.
- we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements - for example, we may share information with other utility companies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Eutility for example, disclosure to a court in the event of legal action to which Eutility is a party; or
- the assets and operations of the business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
Do I have to receive marketing information from Eutility?
Eutility likes to keep you up to date with our special offers and new services, unless you've specifically asked us not to. Please note that once you've signed up to a Eutility service, you can choose not to receive marketing information from us by calling our customer care team on 02 9901 3800.
How can I access the information you keep about me?
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request a copy of your customer record by calling the Eutility customer care team on 02 9901 3800. Eutility may recover from you its reasonable cost of supplying you with this information.
How do I change or delete the information that you have about me?
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact Eutility customer care and we will take reasonable steps to amend our records.
Is the information Eutility has about me secure?
Eutility endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Only authorised users can access your personal information, and access is only for approved purposes. We train our staff and require our data operators to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your information.
Unfortunately, we can't give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure. For example, no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. While we do out best, we can't be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
What happens to my information if I enter it on a different website linked to the Eutility site?