Eutility's SmartMarketTM returns tangible results and mitigates the risks associated with your energy portfolio by pro-actively managing the procurement of your energy
It is essential to consider expert advice with regard to managing the risks facing your energy portfolio
In a competitive energy market, it is more essential than ever before to consider expert advice with regard to managing the risks facing your energy portfolio.
The management of energy exposure in financial terms has never been more important given the extent of rising non-commodity costs and potential for further application of green and carbon schemes/taxes associated with political change.
You can return tangible results and mitigate the risks associated with your energy portfolio by pro-actively managing the procurement of your energy.
We are wholesale energy traders and risk managers
- Our focus is on risk management delivering budget certainty and economic modelling
- We have established partnerships with several market experts and vendors
- We utilise our market experience and relationships on behalf of clients
- We provide a market hot desk (live market monitoring, analysis, reporting and enquiries)
- We offer full training whenever required
- Our customer care managers support the entire process
Eutility has created four mechanisms of strategic energy purchasing
Fixed-price retail contracts
This is the traditional energy procurement model whereby Eutility provides advice as to timing and negotiation of fixed-price retail contracts.
Eutility has some 10,000 large market customers under this arrangement allowing us to know how far energy retailers are prepared to go, even prior to tender!
Progressive energy purchasing
Progressive energy purchasing enables large volume customers to purchase "parcels of energy" through a retailer at various points in time, utilising either online or manual execution within the client's risk management framework. This framework is provided by Eutility which includes policy, delegations of authority (sign-off) and reporting.
This product provides for an opportunity to combine fixed-price retail contracts with progressive purchasing. This also includes a "direct to market" opportunity for high energy users.
Demand side energy management
Demand side energy management is an additional value add to be used in conjunction with the other mechanisms.
The benefits of demand side energy management include:
- The ability to curtail energy load at high spot/pool price times.
- The management of despatch requests notifying customers of "demand events", enabling them to curtail their load via the use of backup generation and/or by fully or partially shutting down electrical equipment.